“Informative about benefits and our rights”
Making the voice of people with a disability heard
We are involved in various community planning structures which offer a real opportunity to make the voice of people with a disability heard in the planning and development of services within North Lanarkshire. We are the umbrella organisations for 3 projects – Practical Assistance to Promote Health and Wellbeing (PATH), Support in the Right Direction (SiRD) Community Connections and Support in the Right Direction (SiRD) Digital Connect.
The Little Care Hub (TLC)
- Supporting unpaid carers and people with long term conditions and disabilities in North Lanarkshire.
- Offering sessions that are aimed at empowering people to connect with others. Learn new skills, take part in activities aimed at promoting your wellbeing.
- Throughout North Lanarkshire, sessions will be participant led, help us to build a network of support informed by you.
If you would like some TLC from The Little Care Hub, call 01698 275710 or email TLC@nldforum.org.uk
Practical Assistance to Promote Health and Wellbeing (PATH)
Through the Practical Assistance to Promote Health and Wellbeing project we are able to offer people:
- One to one support to fill out benefit related forms and discuss other matters individuals may want to discuss, we also offer home visits.
- Help to write complaint letters, get in touch with local Councillors or refer for aids and adaptations.
The project is to help people look after themselves the best they can so we can:
- Support and encourage people to go to health appointments, social work/housing and benefit assessments.
- General helpline available to individuals and their carers Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm.
We work closely with different organisations to keep us informed such as:
- Carers, older people, mental health, addictions, adult support and protection etc
The only prerequisite we have is that the person being supported lives in North Lanarkshire and has a disability. All services are free. We do not offer transport or advocacy but we can refer on to other support services for both. If you would like to get in touch you can call 01698 275 710 or email email@example.com
Support in the Right Direction (SiRD)
Support in the Right Direction is a service hosted by North Lanarkshire Disability Forum and funded by Inspiring Scotland. Support in the Right Direction is for individuals and their carers who are not yet eligible for an individual budget thorough Self-Directed Support, or whose needs are not being met by statutory services. We support people to find help and support in their community.
We work with people to ensure they are engaged, informed, included and empowered to make choices about their support. Support in the Right Direction offers individuals alternatives to paid support. This can be social groups and activities in the local community.
Our dedicated Community Connectors can work with you to find groups and activities that interest you and help make you feel more supported.
The Community Connectors can attend community groups and activities with you for the first time to help make the experience a bit less daunting.
If you would like to get in touch with a Community Connector contact 01698 275 710 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
SIRD Digital Connect
SIRD Digital Connect is quite a new project for North Lanarkshire Disability Forum. We wanted to explore the ways we can support people online, to take part in their community and meet their own needs.
We work with people from North Lanarkshire who have disabilities, are carers or people who are feeling isolated, who want to build their skills and get involved. People who take part are helping us work out what online supports are needed. We host one regular weekly Zoom Chat at the moment. We hope to continue to develop and support new online groups and activities over the next few months.
We are always looking for new people who want to take part and get involved. If you are interested and would like more information, please email email@example.com or phone 01698 275 710 or 07309 258 058
Get in Touch
Please get in touch if you would like more information about what we do at North Lanarkshire Disability Forum, volunteer with us or if you’d like to become a member. Fill out this online form if you have a question or message for us and tell us how you would prefer we get in contact with you...